Sinigang is one of the most common recipe for Filipinos, it’s a sour soup that can make use of all sorts of meat as a main ingredient, like pork, beef, fish, chicken and even vegetables. The soup base of Sinigang is made up of Tamarind or “Sampalok” in tagalog, this is the common method of making its Broth. On the other hand, we used Guava or “Bayabas” in tagalog as the soup base in making this dish. Guava is a Fruit that is very rich in Vitamin C, one guava contains four times as much vitamin C compared to an orange, and has a lot of medicinal values. This is one Delicious and Healthy recipe for you to share and enjoy!
How to Cook Sinigang na Bangus sa Bayabas:
1. Boil half a kilo of medium ripe guavas in about a liter of water
2. When the water starts to thicken, turn the heat down low and add 3 sliced red tomatoes and 1 medium size red onion
3. Add the Sliced milk fish, cover and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes
4. Add the Kangkong leaves, 2 pieces of finger chili and sprinkle some ground black pepper then simmer for a minute or two
5. Place it on a Bowl and serve it while hot